Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can I not download Windows 7 beta over Windows Vista using google chrome?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can I not download Windows 7 beta over Windows Vista using google chrome?

I have been trying very hard to download Windows 7 beta onto one of my Vista Machines using google chrome as my search engine. Windows 7 beta simply will not download onto this particular machine, even though the PC is well above the specifications required to run Windows 7 beta without a problem. When I try and download it though; using google chrome, (which I use on this particular Vista PC) The Windows 7 operating system will not download at all
    ....for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart.

Re: Why can I not download Windows 7 beta over Windows Vista using google chrome?

use Internet Explorer.
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Re: Why can I not download Windows 7 beta over Windows Vista using google chrome?

It doesn't work with Firefox either - Microsoft are improving, but they still insist on IE for a decent chunk of their web presence.

FYI, Chrome is not a search engine.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
        It doesn't work with Firefox either -
        It all depends where you are downloading it from but from what I've seen, when you try to get it from the MS site it uses an ActiveX which is a Download manager.
        Mozilla don't support ActiveX that's why it doesn't work with Firefox.
        http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/ActiveX
        Same apply to the other browsers. IE is the only one that supports them.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

In all fairness, the Akamai (spl) download manager isn't all that bad. Just a bit poor that MS force you to use that rather than just... downloading the file normally
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
          X