I cannot access www.petri.co.il using Windows Vista and Mozilla firefox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot access www.petri.co.il using Windows Vista and Mozilla firefox

On the 13/01/2009 (yesterday) I was able, without a problem. Running Windows Vista and using Mozilla firefox, to very quickly access this site. I did not change any settings in the browser options menu and the only reason that I am even using Firefox is because IE7 kept freezing and giving me dozens of third party cookies everytime that I went online. Is this to do with my version of Windows Vista?
    Maybe it is just the Firefox that needs binned or is not compatible with Vista. I do not know, but when I use IE7 (as I am now) I have no problems getting into Petri and any other sites.
    When I use Mozilla Firefox; I am able to access any of my favourite sites in milliseconds, except for www.petri.com and this was not the case yesterday?

• Dumber
    replied
    Re: I cannot access www.petri.co.il using Windows Vista and Mozilla firefox

Well With multiple refreshes and a lot of patience it will continue.
    However, I have made a little hack on my mac in the sysctl.conf to change the ack timeout.
    This because a diskstation I have (synology) uses appearently Nagle which i can't disable.

I haven't tested it out to remove the line from the sysctl.conf so that's why I didn't made a notification about it.
    However strangly safari has no issues an firefox has. Maybe Firefox didn't like the change dough.

Leave a comment:

• gforceindustries
    replied

The homepage of the site is by no means compliant with XHTML 1.0, either Transitional or Strict - 128 errors and 40 warnings, but Firefox is usually pretty tolerant of such problems, so I don't think that would cause either issue.
    Last edited by gforceindustries; 16th January 2009, 10:55.

Leave a comment:

• Dumber
    replied

Hmmm I have noticed some delays when using firefox 2.x on my mac.
    With Safari on my mac I have no issues.

Leave a comment:

• gforceindustries
    replied

I am also using Firefox 3.0.5 on Vista SP1.

There are no compatibility issues with Firefox and Vista as far as I know, but "Firefox" and "Vista" are broad terms - *which* Firefox and Vista SP?

Due to the symptoms you saw in IE, I would wonder if you have a virus or other malware.

Leave a comment:

• sorinso
    replied

I am not aware of any problem of using Petri.co.il with Firefox. There aren't here any ActiveX components, so it shouldn't be any problem...
    As a matter of fact, I am using Firefox 3.0.5 to write this reply...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X