I cannot access www.petri.co.il using Windows Vista and Mozilla firefox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot access www.petri.co.il using Windows Vista and Mozilla firefox

On the 13/01/2009 (yesterday) I was able, without a problem. Running Windows Vista and using Mozilla firefox, to very quickly access this site. I did not change any settings in the browser options menu and the only reason that I am even using Firefox is because IE7 kept freezing and giving me dozens of third party cookies everytime that I went online. Is this to do with my version of Windows Vista?
    Maybe it is just the Firefox that needs binned or is not compatible with Vista. I do not know, but when I use IE7 (as I am now) I have no problems getting into Petri and any other sites.
    When I use Mozilla Firefox; I am able to access any of my favourite sites in milliseconds, except for www.petri.com and this was not the case yesterday?
    ....for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart.

Re: I cannot access www.petri.co.il using Windows Vista and Mozilla firefox

I am not aware of any problem of using Petri.co.il with Firefox. There aren't here any ActiveX components, so it shouldn't be any problem...
    As a matter of fact, I am using Firefox 3.0.5 to write this reply...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

I am also using Firefox 3.0.5 on Vista SP1.

There are no compatibility issues with Firefox and Vista as far as I know, but "Firefox" and "Vista" are broad terms - *which* Firefox and Vista SP?

Due to the symptoms you saw in IE, I would wonder if you have a virus or other malware.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hmmm I have noticed some delays when using firefox 2.x on my mac.
        With Safari on my mac I have no issues.
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

The homepage of the site is by no means compliant with XHTML 1.0, either Transitional or Strict - 128 errors and 40 warnings, but Firefox is usually pretty tolerant of such problems, so I don't think that would cause either issue.
          Last edited by gforceindustries; 16th January 2009, 10:55.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Well With multiple refreshes and a lot of patience it will continue.
            However, I have made a little hack on my mac in the sysctl.conf to change the ack timeout.
            This because a diskstation I have (synology) uses appearently Nagle which i can't disable.

I haven't tested it out to remove the line from the sysctl.conf so that's why I didn't made a notification about it.
            However strangly safari has no issues an firefox has. Maybe Firefox didn't like the change dough.
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands
            http://www.phetios.com
            http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
            X