The Ultimate Vista

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Vista

I installed the Vista Ultimate on my machine today and have found that it is worth losing slightly on performance, in order to enjoy the various features of this incredible operating system. It is a wonder to behold, and I would recommend it to anyone. I have used all of the Vista operating systems at one time or another (in the past), and this one; "the Ultimate," far exceeds my expectations. I installed the 32bit version instead of upgrading my system to accept the 64bit and it is great. Or as we say in Belfast "it's a cracker!"
    ....for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart.

Re: The Ultimate Vista

Are you Steve Ballmer?

Comment

Originally posted by Garen View Post
      Are you Steve Ballmer?
      I'm bigger than he ever has been... People often comment about my massive head but I just say that I need the space>
      ....for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart.

Comment

Windows keep giving me updates that are turning the Vista Ultimate into a really great user experience the only drawback that I have found is I am unable to use the digital lock feature as my mummy board doesn't like it and my disc drives agree

Comment

I also love Vista Ultimate...Originally, I bought my newest laptop cheap with Vista Home Premium...THAT WAS A MISTAKE...Some of my problems included:
          Continually Crashing Windows Explorer
          Not Being Able To Access Local Groups And Users Snap-In
          AND MUCH MUCH MORE...

All of this seems to support the theory that the creators of Vista, first designed Ultimate, and then to create the other versions, just pulled out parts. This resulted in more somewhat inferior and somewhat unstable (and definetly unsuitable) Operating Systems for technologically inclined peoples.

Comment

I would guess you installed ultimate whereas the premium was installed by the OEM so you may find it crashed because of the additional software they installed. You likely also put the latest drivers on which can also help things.

It seems more likely MS created a basic image and then added things rather than removed things (although that isn't the complete case I'm sure).
            cheers
            Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
              I would guess you installed ultimate whereas the premium was installed by the OEM so you may find it crashed because of the additional software they installed. You likely also put the latest drivers on which can also help things.

It seems more likely MS created a basic image and then added things rather than removed things (although that isn't the complete case I'm sure).
              Very likely that is the case. If ever I get a system pre-installed from an OEM the first thing I do is wipe it and do a clean install from the media. Dell/HP/Lenovo/Acer etc won't have somebody sitting doing OS installs, they'll drop a sysprepped image straight onto the hard drive using WDS or whatever to save time.

I'm much happier with Vista since SP1 came out. I seemed to be quite badly affected by the slow file operation problems which have now all but disappeared. Running Ultimate on my desktop at home. My laptop (Dell D420) is badged as being Vista capable but really isn't - crappy onboard Intel graphics isn't up to the job.
              BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
              sigpic
              Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Gee, I think I have just entered the Twilight Zone............
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X