Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista business bootup crashed!

hi all,
    my vista business laptop frozed, and I have to powered off it, and powered on again, but it booted to "safe mode",..."normal windows boot up", when I choosed normal bootup or safe mode,it still keep boot back to that "safe mode",..."normal windows boot up" window, what should I do?
    thanks for help in advance!
    jimmy

Re: Vista business bootup crashed!

Anything in the event logs?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyjiang View Post
      hi all,
      my vista business laptop frozed, and I have to powered off it, and powered on again, but it booted to "safe mode",..."normal windows boot up", when I choosed normal bootup or safe mode,it still keep boot back to that "safe mode",..."normal windows boot up" window, what should I do?
      thanks for help in advance!
      jimmy

Try booting in to the recovery envornment and running a repair. There is a tutorial here on how to do it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial148.html

Comment

booting in to the recovery envornment and running a repair, and after restart vista still not able to reboot....

Comment

Time to reinstall then.
          Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

but reinstallation will wipe out all my installed stuff right?

Comment

You don't have a backup of your data then?
              Gareth Howells

Comment

Remove the hard drive, put into a USB cage (< 20 here) connect to another (working) PC -- XP or Vista -- and copy everything you THINK you might need off it. Remember, for example, Vista stores profiles in the Users folder, not Documents&Settings
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

thanks! this is what I'm going to do!

Comment

Use Windows Easy Transfer to transfer your files (profile) on an external hard drive which saves to a "SaveData.MIG" file. Then reinstall the OS and create that same profile you had before on the new installed OS. Then connect the external HD and click on the "SaveData.MIG" file to start the transfer back to your profile. You should be good to go on the data part. You'll have to reinstall all your programs though, but all your settings will still or should be intact.

Comment

But if there is anything in the settings thats screwing up the PC, this will re-import it!
                      Tom Jones
                      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                      X