Vista OS flash BIOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista OS flash BIOS

I got a Vista Basic EI-System and upgraded her RAM from 512mb to 2gb.. Then when I followed the Vista systems info book (on the system) it said to go to a site and burn off a disc to flash the BIOS and I did so and now the machine is an ADVENT and the Vista OS is much quicker now than it ever was.. Now that I flashed the Bios but I thought that it was strange that the machine totally changed into an ADVENT????
    ....for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart.

Re: Vista OS flash BIOS

I presume you mean the logo that comes up when you boot the computer now says "Advent" when before it said something else?

If so, don't worry, it will just be "advertising". The performance improvement is from quadrupling the memory.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Vista OS flash BIOS

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      I presume you mean the logo that comes up when you boot the computer now says "Advent" when before it said something else?

If so, don't worry, it will just be "advertising". The performance improvement is from quadrupling the memory.
      Thanks again Ossian
      ....for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart.

Comment

Working...
      X