performance of OS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• performance of OS

Am I being crazy by running my windows Vista OS in the windows classic style(in every way) just because I feel this will improve my "cute" (E-System) performance??
    ....for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart.

Re: performance of OS

We're not really in a position to assess your mental state if you have a read of Daniel's articles regarding Aero, you'll see that turning it off can improve the performance of your system. As for whether running the classic UI will do the same, then chances are there will be a small improvement. However this is something that you will need to judge for yourself. Everybody's hardware is different.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Actually turning off Aero can decrease performance depending on your video card. If you use onboard video is will help performance but if you have a high end video card then you're switching the rendering of windows elements from the GPU to the CPU.

Comment

What are the specs of your system (Processor / RAM / GPU)?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          What are the specs of your system (Processor / RAM / GPU)?
          My specs are RAM Ossian.
          And I thank you three for your intuitive replies.
          ....for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart.

Comment

No, I mean:
            How fast is your processor (e.g. Core2Duo 2GHz)?
            How much RAM (memory) is fitted (e.g. 2 Gigabytes)?
            What sort of graphics card is fitted (e.g. Nvidia 8600 256Mb)?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X