Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to install usb printer in windows vista

hi all,
    i am facing problem while installing usb hp printer on windows viata home premium,while installation process detecting the printer but not installing drivers
    is this happend bcoz of security resnd or something else

plz help m regarding this.........>

Re: unable to install usb printer in windows vista

Are you using an administrator account?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

yes in control panel-its showing only two user one is User with administrator Rights and second is guest.

but i m sure due to permission this drivers not installing.when i seen in properties-security tab administrator have full access and my user account dont have full rights,i was tried for editing full rights for my user account but its giving access error,how will i log on as administrator

Comment

1) What manufacturer and model is the printer?
        2) To install it, are you using the CD that came with it, or by just connecting it to the computer?
        3) Don't touch the permissions, they are irrelevant at this stage.
        4) Ossian asked already, but your answer is not clear: the user you are logged on with, is it part of the local Administrators group? At first you say
        one is User with administrator Rights
        and then you say
        how will i log on as administrator

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

sorry.. actuly logon name is "user" but showing as administrator privilage,unable to find name as "administrator" (like windows xp)
          1>printer hp 1220
          2>avilable cd has with only windows xp drivers after that i had downloaded windows vista drivers .exe file
          3>in installation first i am runing setup then after few min. later setup asked for attach the printer then its showing new hardware found but not copying drivers which path i need to give bcoz i have .exe file not any .inf files.

Comment

Is it the Laserjet All-in-One 1220? Or the Deskjet 1220c?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by swapneel View Post
              sorry.. actuly logon name is "user" but showing as administrator privilage,unable to find name as "administrator" (like windows xp)
              1>printer hp 1220
              2>avilable cd has with only windows xp drivers after that i had downloaded windows vista drivers .exe file
              3>in installation first i am runing setup then after few min. later setup asked for attach the printer then its showing new hardware found but not copying drivers which path i need to give bcoz i have .exe file not any .inf files.
              is there need to install vista service pack?

Comment

realy very sorry given model is wrong.
                i have hp deskjet F2120 printer

Comment

Be sure you follow the instructions from this HP article.
                  And, please, don't send me PMs with messages like "I'm waiting". These forums are an addition to our real work, so you'll have to wait for someone to have the time to deal with your request.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

yes ,
                    and it will never happend again

Comment

hi
                      i was downloded the drivers for vista,but still problem not resolved,
                      using that setup file but, after new hardware found wizard systm waited for drivers ,i have exe file so i am unable to provide proper path
                      is this problem becoz of vista home premium edition?

Comment

Have you followed the instructions in the article I gave you in post #9?

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

yes i Had followed u r givn instruction, one thing also i am facing with same laptop any kind of usb storage (Exmple.PEN DRIVE,USB HDD)but not installing device driver.
                          BUT IF I CONECT THAT PEN DRIVE TO LAPTOP AND AFTER TAKEN RESTART PENDRIVE SHOWING ME PRPERLY,THAT MEAN EVERY TIME I HAVE TO TAKE RESTART WITH CONECTING PENDRIVE?
                          ALL THIS HAPPEND BCOZ OF VISTA HOME PREMIUM?
                          1)I WAS USED ONE COMMAND NET USER ADMINISTRATOR ACTIVE:YES
                          WITH THIS ACCOUNT ALSO FACING SAME PROBLEM
                          WHAT I DO PLEASE HELP ME
                          Last edited by swapneel; 31st December 2008, 08:52. Reason: SPELLING MISTAKE

Comment

There might be a problem with the USB in your laptop... This is not a behavior related to Vista. By any chance, have you altered the UAC in Vista?
                            Please don't write in CAPITALS. It is called SHOUTING, and I find no reason for you (or anyone else) to shout around here... And this
                            u r givn
                            is not English, and I cannot understand it. I am not a native English speaker...
                            I suggest you test both the USB pen and the printer on another computer and see if the problem remains.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Actuly I am hang up with this problem,I was Tasetd Pen drive and Printer with Windows xp System both has working ok.
                              In Windows Vista Home Premium Edition I cant find Local Group & User option, Error comes while adding this option Using MMC Console one warnining message display " this is not avilable in this version".
                              I Think All This Happening Because Of In Sub Folders Of Windows Directory, Administrator Dont Have Full Controll On Folders Under Windows Directory.I was Tried To Edit Security Tab But Dont Have Acess To Change.

Comment

Working...
                              X