Vista sp2 beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista sp2 beta

I installed Windows Vista SP2 beta on this desktop p.c. last night.
    I have 2gb ram and 320gb hdd. I was running Windows Steady State on the machine before the install of SP2 beta and all was well and today I had to bin Steady State as it stopped working properly which is a shame as I found it very useful.
    My main need for help is; I need to know just what to expect from Vista SP2 and Microsoft did not give a lot of info. to me. Do any of you know some pro's and con's of this product?
    ....for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart.

Re: Vista sp2 beta

Con: it's a beta. Microsoft strongly recommend that you only install it if you specifically need to. And naturally, don't install it in a production environment as you won't receive any support from them.

Have a read of http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1745

As you'll notice, pretty much everything offered by SP2 is offered by another feature already available for download - SP2 is little more than a rollup.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Thank you very much for your advice and I have prudently gotten rid of the beta SP2 and my machine is a lot more stable... Thanks
      Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      Con: it's a beta. Microsoft strongly recommend that you only install it if you specifically need to. And naturally, don't install it in a production environment as you won't receive any support from them.

Have a read of http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1745

As you'll notice, pretty much everything offered by SP2 is offered by another feature already available for download - SP2 is little more than a rollup.
      ....for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart.

Comment

Had a quick look at the download and backed off when I saw the 1200MB file (though I expect the final release to be a tad smaller). These SP sizes are getting to be even more rediculous than the previous ones.

Sorry,
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi there I'm using stady state with vista sp2. I didnt experience any trouble from now on You should try to run it compability mode if you want to use sp2. It is a good solution. Take it easy.

Comment

Working...
          X