This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Screen Error with Vista 64 SP1

On my server (a quad core Q6600, 4 gigs RAM, Vista Premium 64 bit) I noticed that SP1 was ready to be installed, so I happily obliged. I was pleasantly surprised because the word was that the Service Pack 1 wasn't going to be released until March. Apparently the install takes place in several stages, and on Stage 3 (after the computer had restarted), boom- I get a "Memory_Management" BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). After hitting the reset button, the computer booted into the Windows, but before all the startup programs had fully loaded, boom- another Blue Screen O' Death of a different variety. I did another reset, and same thing.

So I booted in Safe Mode (using F with Networking. That worked fine, and the computer background showed that my Windows was now Vista SP1. I tried to run Windows Update, but nothing came up after I clicked on it. Perhaps Windows Update doesn't work under safe mode, but you'd think that they'd at least give you an error message about it.

Anyways I had to get the computer back up, so I did a System Restore and everything is working normal again. Man you'd think that they'd test these things more thoroughly before doing a mass release....

My Laptop, the HP DV9000t, is running Vista Ultimate x64, but I've been unable to download SP1 so far- it keeps failing at 10%. Apparently there's an onslaught of Vista SP1 downloads. I'm eager to get SP1 on the notebook because boy does it need a performance boost. There are reports indicating that SP1 reduces the frequency of hard disk activity which slowed down the computer a lot. I'll provide another update once I'm able to install it.

Re: Blue Screen Error with Vista 64 SP1

You post has been moved to its own thread as it appears to contain no help for the OP of the thread it was in and has no apparent question for us to answer.

This is you chance to reword your post into a question. Ta.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

you are face problem for vista window i read you can face the error on blue screen vista 64 sp 1 i will given suggestion to use this link and never facing problem in future

Comment

Originally posted by sandypeter111 View Post
        On my server (a quad core Q6600, 4 gigs RAM, Vista Premium 64 bit) I noticed that SP1 was ready to be installed, so I happily obliged. I was pleasantly surprised because the word was that the Service Pack 1 wasn't going to be released until March. Apparently the install takes place in several stages, and on Stage 3 (after the computer had restarted), boom- I get a "Memory_Management" BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). After hitting the reset button, the computer booted into the Windows, but before all the startup programs had fully loaded, boom- another Blue Screen O' Death of a different variety. I did another reset, and same thing.

So I booted in Safe Mode (using F with Networking. That worked fine, and the computer background showed that my Windows was now Vista SP1. I tried to run Windows Update, but nothing came up after I clicked on it. Perhaps Windows Update doesn't work under safe mode, but you'd think that they'd at least give you an error message about it.

Anyways I had to get the computer back up, so I did a System Restore and everything is working normal again. Man you'd think that they'd test these things more thoroughly before doing a mass release....

My Laptop, the HP DV9000t, is running Vista Ultimate x64, but I've been unable to download SP1 so far- it keeps failing at 10%. Apparently there's an onslaught of Vista SP1 downloads. I'm eager to get SP1 on the notebook because boy does it need a performance boost. There are reports indicating that SP1 reduces the frequency of hard disk activity which slowed down the computer a lot. I'll provide another update once I'm able to install it.

If your are installing the VM ware System on Widows Platform, You have to check this article regarding the virtual Machine installations

URL REMOVED by Mod

I thinks that blog will help you........
        Last edited by biggles77; 2nd January 2009, 12:36. Reason: Removed self promoting blog link.

Comment

@jamesanderson There doesn't appear to be any mention of VMware, or any other virtualisation product, in the original post. The wording of the question implies that the operating system is installed on a physical host. I also can't see anything on the page you linked to regarding this issue.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesanderson View Post
            you are face problem for vista window i read you can face the error on blue screen vista 64 sp 1 i will given suggestion to use this link and never facing problem in future
            jamesanderson,

Please read the questions before posting. This is a warning, next time I will simply ban you.

Thread closed. If OP wishes, please approach a moderator and ask them to open the thread .
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
            X