Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

windows cannot locate the server copy...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows cannot locate the server copy...

This message comes up for a domain user trying to log into a Windows Vista business PC SP1. I've been onit all day and I hope someone out there has a solution. Basically we use Roaming profiles, located on a Windows 2003 Server Standard, the probelm is with only this user, I was trying to set him up with a new Lenovo X61 laptop with Vista preloaded, he was using an IBM Laptop b4 with XP Pro. I've even deleted and recreated his account and still no joy.....Please help and thanks for your patience.

Re: windows cannot locate the server copy...

Sounds like the problem is not with the account, but with the roaming profile. Check the roaming profile location, and be sure the user has permissions to it (and s/he is the owner of the profile folder).
    Also, check the Event log for the more detailed error message.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

True, I spotted that the domain users group didn't have modify permission on the profile folder, this was on Friday last week when I was working from home, when I get into work tomorrow I'll confirm this and perhaps this was the issue all along....but I'm sure I checked the permissions initially and thought they were ok.... Thanks for your help anyway, I appreciate it.

Comment

Cool...
        Please post back with the outcome, so other people will know in the future what solved this problem.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X