No announcement yet.

Sync centre problems

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sync centre problems

I am having trouble with the Vista sync centre.

One of our users has got a laptop with vista SP 1installed on it. I have synched a mapped network drive (Server 2003) on his machine. When he connects to the network in the office he can sync this mapped drive fine. When working from home the user connects to the office via VPN for his emails. He can then connect to all mapped drives ok, however the one set up for offline files cannot be synched.
    He can browse other mapped drives when the VPN is up but the synched drive does not let him connect and sync it with the server, it says it is 'disconnected' and I cannot seem to be able to get this 'online' to sync his files. He works from home a lot and needs to be able to sync these files so that office workers can use the most recent versions.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I've been struggling with this for a long time!

Thanks in advance

Re: Sync centre problems

Surely someone can help me with this?

Re: Sync centre problems

Be patient - you've only waited a day. Nobody on here is paid to help people on here, everybody volunteers what time they have.

If somebody has a suggestion, they will post it. Good things come to he who waits.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.