Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network(HP) printer in VISTA

Hi friends,

Our network printer not able configure in vista laptop.

Printer HP 2550l

laptop is not client for the server. It's working as workgroup not configure with domain. we dont want to connect that laptop as client for the server.
    But laptop connected in same network.

while print the document in Printer Name "Microsoft xps Document Writer" righten side there is option called "Find Printer" if i click that I am getting error message "The Active Directory Domain Services is currently Unavailable"

Kindly sugguest.

Regards,
    Best Regards,
    Prasad

Re: Network(HP) printer in VISTA

I don't believe you can use Find Printer without joining the machine to the domain - which is what the error message is telling you.

You'll have to setup the printer manually.

How are your workstations connecting to it - is it installed locally on each workstation, or is it installed and shared on the server? The latter would be preferable.

If workstations have it installed locally, then install the client software on the laptop.

If workstations connect to a share on the server... then you don't have to be in a domain to do that... you will have to authenticate, but you can still access shared resources.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Actually found this that might be similar to your problem: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ork/865372.htm

Ta
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

other than our network. if any guest come to our office they use to connect through wireless that i use to connect the printer easly if the laptop os is XP.
        Use to enter \\pstation and select the printer and connect the printer and i use to give the path for driver where it located in my server.

after given the path installation become over.

But in visita if i click connect iam getting the error "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Make sure that you have typed the name correctly, and that the printer is connected to network."

pls. help me.
        Best Regards,
        Prasad

Comment

1) What is pstation?
          2) What OS it does run on?
          3) Does the printer you want to define has an IP address? If so, you may try to define the printer as a local printer on the laptop, by creating a new Standard TCP/IP Port with the printer's IP address. IMHO, it is better (more secure) this way, instead of connecting to a shared resource on the domain. You will need to store domain credentials on a laptop that is not part of the domain.

I would erase (or at least edit it into a smarter form) the e-mail address from the signature, before all the spammers will flood your account.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

1) What is pstation?
            it's the network printer \\pstation network 2 printers connected. if enter \\pstation run command I can view 2 printers.
            2) What OS it does run on?
            I like to add the printer in Vista.
            3) Does the printer you want to define has an IP address?
            The printer dont have IP it's connected with "D-Link 10/100m Fast Ethernet Printer Server " in that we can connect 2 printer only that D-link ethernet printer server have IP
            Best Regards,
            Prasad

Comment

You will need to store domain credentials on a laptop that is not part of the domain.

how to do domain credentials on laptop.. please explain step by step
              Best Regards,
              Prasad

Comment

Hmmmm.
                First, is this product the one you have? If not,
                Second, please tell us what exact D-Link product do you use and check on this list compatibility with Vista.
                We'll later go from there...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                -

Comment

yes your right , I have the same.

I found that printer driver not avilable for vista for these 2 printers HP1015 & HP2550L In website itself. what can we do. any other alternative way ?

I had connected HP1022 easly which is connected in PC also it support vista.

kindly proved if you have any solution
                  Best Regards,
                  Prasad

Comment

Originally posted by trprasad78 View Post
                    I found that printer driver not avilable for vista for these 2 printers HP1015 & HP2550L In website itself
                    There are Vista drivers for the 2005L on the website. Not for the 1015 though, but the XP driver works fine for me.
                    Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Usually I would tell you to try a generic HP driver (Like HP LaserJet 4MP), but I don't know if it will work with D-Link.
                      I'll try to look into it, but I am not optimistic (I am not sure I will be able to get one of those toys).

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Originally posted by trprasad78 View Post
                        driver not avilable for vista for these 2 printers HP1015 & HP2550L
                        Vista driver for 2550 is available here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2093
                        Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
                        Vista drivers for the 2005L
                        GForce, is this a typo? OP talks about 2550 ...

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
                          GForce, is this a typo? OP talks about 2550 ...
                          Indeed it is. I'm only infallible after a curry
                          Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
                          X