Offline files in Vista

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline files in Vista

Im having problems to make a share folder offline in VISTA, the laptop is joined a 2003 domain.

First I was receiving the msg access denied, even I have full access to the files but when I try to make them available offline I receive the msg access denied. After 20 different tries (mapping by IP and name server, disable and reenable offline files etc) I delete the share and recreate it and now I dont receive any message.
    But still not working, after I check the option "make av. off." I open again the option is clear again. And for sure the files arent available offlineThe server is 2003, but I try with a winxp and the problem is there.

How can i solve this problem?

Re: Offline files in Vista

To clarify, you are only experiencing this issue on Vista workstations, it works fine on XP?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I dont have clients with laptop running xp in this domain

Comment

Originally posted by nitoglycerine View Post
        but I try with a winxp and the problem is there
        What does this mean, if you do not mean that you have tried with Windows XP?
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Yes, but i just remember that this user had a xp before the vista and works fine

Comment

Know of anything having changed since you did away with XP? Can you install XP in a VM (Virtual PC 2007 is a free download) and test under that?
            Gareth Howells

Comment

I test with my own machine and the offline works fine, the problem for sure is with VISTA

Comment

Working...
              X