registry files corrupted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• registry files corrupted

i m using windows vista home basic and i m unable to access .exe files (mainly shortcuts to browser,photoshop,etc) .

i think my registry files are corrupted please help me in fixing this problem....

Re: registry files corrupted

Can you be more (at lot more) precisely about the fileTypes you cannot open (all or just some?, exe files or, just shortcuts to exe files?) and what is the error description you get when you try to open the file? Have you tried to open the files when logged on as an other user?

Does the key "UserChoice" exist in the registry,
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.lnk\UserChoice

\Rems
    Last edited by Rems; 5th November 2008, 18:27. Reason: typo

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

i am unable to open all .exe files . On clicking these files a window appears saying "choose the program you want to use to open this file"

i had winzip installed but when this problem occured i uninstalled it because , in shortcuts the icons were replaced by winzip icon. but after uninstalling also i cannot access these files.

i did not try opening these files when logged on other user

\james

Comment

"unable to open all .exe files" - In that case, does the subkey "UserChoice" exist in this registry key,
        HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe\UserChoice
        can you show whats in it.

\Rems
        Last edited by Rems; 5th November 2008, 18:32. Reason: typo

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
        X