No "Remote Desktop Connection"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No "Remote Desktop Connection"

I recently bought a Laptop with Windows Vista Ultimate Edition, but I noticed that it has no "Remote Desktop Connection". I need it, I use it a lot, but I am not sure why it's not here. It's the first time I encounter this problem.

I get this message when I click on "Remote Settings"

There is nothing in the whole Laptop called "Remote Desktop Connection" !!!

Any Ideas?

Re: No "Remote Desktop Connection"

Type this into the command prompt.

mstsc

Comment

Nothing is appearing !!!

Comment

Something might be wrong. Try repairing your windows vista. Here is one link I found on google.

http://windowsvistarepair.com/

Comment

Not working! I started to think that the windows itself has somthing wrong with it. But if there is a way to fix it, it would be great.

Comment

You are supposed to have "Remote Desktop Connection" in Start -> Programs -> Accessories. It should be a shortcut for %systemroot%/system32/mstsc.exe .
            If this program does not exist, then I would go right back to the store and ask them some tough questions...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
              You are supposed to have "Remote Desktop Connection" in Start -> Programs -> Accessories. It should be a shortcut for %systemroot%/system32/mstsc.exe .
              If this program does not exist, then I would go right back to the store and ask them some tough questions...
              That's True, but it's not there !!! And YES, that's what I must do. I still didn't pay the store's owner any single Shekel for the Laptop, am going to see him on Monday, so it's going to be an easy bargain. The copy that I have on my laptop must be having somthing wrong with it.

Comment

I hope so. I keep my fingers crossed for you.
                Is the laptop something serious? A serious brand? Does it have an OEM Windows Vista label on it? If not, the OS might be pirate...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                -

Comment

:shudder: only 2GB RAM :shudder:
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                  X