Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wallpaper / Laptops

Hello All,

my company is handing out laptops to some employees. I need to be able to setup a background for them where they can not change. any ideas?

Re: Wallpaper / Laptops

Assuming you are in an AD domain, Group Policy should take care of it
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

thanks for the response,

all laptops are in a work group environment. so there is no AD. and oh by the way all laptops are ruining Vista Home Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffan72 View Post
        thanks for the response,

all laptops are in a work group environment. so there is no AD. and oh by the way all laptops are ruining Vista Home Edition
        Wow. You have a lot (a whole lot!) more issues that just worrying about background pictures. I feel sorry for you. Is this an ultra-small office that you consult for? Can you not convince the management to get business class OS's and set up a simple domain? SBS 2008 is coming out and HP makes some nice sub $1,000 USD tower servers.

Anyways, you may be able to kludge something together using psexec and a common local admin password on each computer. Maybe.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
        X