No announcement yet.

mmc could not create snap-in

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mmc could not create snap-in

Hello, my new laptop came with Vista Home Premium SP1 (preloaded), it has problem with the Event Viewer. Each time when I open the Event Viewer it comes up with the message "MMC could not create snap-in". Does anyone know how to fix this problem.

Re: mmc could not create snap-in

I would initially speak to the company you bought it from as it may be a known issue to them and they may have a fix.
    Secondly I would try creating a new profile and seeing if it happens there too, try it as an admin and also standard user.
    Check windows update as well.

Seems this is similar too.

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Re: mmc could not create snap-in

Thanks for the help. I've tried two of your suggestions so far. I'm waiting for a reply to my email from the support centre of the company I got the laptop from, hopefully they can help. I also tried new profiles but had the same problem. I'll go back to Microsoft and see if I can find some sort of answer. I'll keep you posted.

I've now tried all possibilities suggested and unfortunately none of them worked. The help centre said quote, "This is unfortunately a Windows Vista Issue" and they sent me to Microsoft support page which is for a similar problem, it was for Windows Server 2003 (which I don't have) but I tried the fix anyway and it didn't work, (no surprise). Microsoft wanted to charge me to get some help because Vista SP1 came preinstalled, and I couldn't find any downloads or updates on their site that could help me.

PROBLEM SOLVED: Turns out it was missing registry entry or entries that caused the problems I was having. After a full factory reset and then through a process of elimination we discovered it was "RegScrubVista" that was to blame. It scrubbed a bit too much from the registry. I now use a different registry cleaning program and no problems. Thank you to everyone who thought about this problem for me.
      Last edited by BecK; 7th October 2008, 00:54. Reason: further information