Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storing EFS-encrypted files on WebDAV servers problem...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing EFS-encrypted files on WebDAV servers problem...

I have a problem that I think it's a bug in Windows Vista SP1. The following is the problematic scenario:

Suppose I have a domain named Contoso.com and I have installed an Enterprise CA on my first Domain Controller and I have two PCs: Windows XP Professional with SP3 and Windows Vista SP1 and a member server with Windows Server 2003 R2 with SP2.

Also suppose I want to use EFS on my network, so I have created a Web Folder (WebDAV) on my Windows Server 2003 member server.

I have two users in this scenario: User-1 and User-2. User-1 uses Windows XP machine and User-2 uses Windows Vista machine.

User-1 encrypts a .doc file in his computer by using Basic EFS template and then adds User-2 certificate to this file (to share the file with User-2) and then copies the file to the Web Folder on the member server.

And also, User-2 encrypts another .doc file in his computer by using Basic EFS template and then adds User-1 certificate to this file (to share the file with User-1) and then copies the file to the Web Folder on the member server.

Now, User-2 can successfully open the User-1's file that is in the Web Folder but User-1 cannot read the User-2's file...

After some troubleshooting steps, I realized that when User-2 copies his encrypted file to the Web Folder, the Use-1 entry in the "Encryption Details For" window is automatically deleted so User-1 cannot open and read the file. Why?

As I said before, Windows XP does not have this problem.

-Reza
Working...
X