Remote desktop problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote desktop problems

Hi, I got a little problem when i remote my vista machine from another vista machine. It works perfect from win xp.
    Both vista machines has this setting "Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote desktop (less secure)".

The error i get you can see on the picture here:
    http://hem.passagen.se/dmsn/error.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Re: Remote desktop problems

Have you checked the system date and time on both computers?

Comment

Will check that later this evning, but can that really be a problem ?

Comment

Yes. That is what the error message is telling you.

Comment

Originally posted by rank-1 View Post
          Will check that later this evning, but can that really be a problem ?
          To expand on Joe's reply: Kerberos relies on the system date and time to "hash" the logon ID and password and produce your "passport" to systems access. If one system produces the passport (my terminology) using one date and time, and another system checks it using ANOTHER date and time, they'll be different and access will not be granted.

The critical time (according to the Lords of M$) is five minutes - however I have known systems refuse access with time differences as low as three minutes. Make sure your Domain is timesynched and you won't have a problem; all domain members will have the same time, give or take a fraction of a second.

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

p.s. you can check your domain's time synchronisation using the following command:

W32TM /MONITOR

Hope this helps.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Thanks for good answers, it works perfect now when i have synced the time and date.

Comment

Working...
              X