Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Locking Down Vista

Hello:
    I am trying to lock down Vista to a point where I want my user to only have access to three programs and nothing else. I also would like to have some kind of a kiosk interface with three icons to these programs and nothing else (no start menu, no time, nothing) What would be the best way about doing this?

I was thinking about changing shells from explorer to a VBScript and enabling hash check policy, but I do not know if that would be sufficient. Your comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Re: Question about Locking Down Vista

Please provide some more information:
    - what version of Vista are you using?
    - are you in Active Directory environment, and if yes, what version?

Thank you.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Vista Professional 32 bit SP1
      Windows 2003 AD Infrastructure
      No other clients.

Comment

If so, you can create a GPO and lock the Vista out. I am using such a method to set such environment for my public computers. I cannot give you the exact settings, there are hundreds of them.
        Leave the three icons on the Desktop and deny access to anything else (including the Start Menu, except Disconnect/Logoff/Shutdown, maybe).

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X