Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forwarding hostname to hostname locally

Hi

I am currently in the middle of an email migration from our own managed exchange server to a hosted managed exchange server.

I need to be able to forward autodiscover.domain.com to the new server in order to correctly upload mailboxes etc using outlook.

Is there anyway I can tell traffic locally when trying to access autodiscover.domain.com to go to the new server instead of the old one?

I've tried a host name to host name in the local host file but it didnt seem to work...

Thanks

D

Re: Forwarding hostname to hostname locally

Dan,

After adding the entry to the local host file did you did a ipconfig /flushdns or reboot of the machine ? Sometimes it needs to clear the dns cache to work.
    Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Comment

Originally posted by jveldh View Post
      After adding the entry to the local host file did you did a ipconfig /flushdns or reboot of the machine ? Sometimes it needs to clear the dns cache to work.
      Ok I've added a host to host entry into the hosts file:

autodiscover.domain.com autodiscover.newdomain.com

I've run ipconfig /flushdns and restarted my computer with no luck unfortunately...

I thought changes to the host file were immediate? I've made changes before for redirecting when testing web applications and the result were instantaneous...

Any other ideas?

I've also tried hostname to resolved IP of new hostname with no luck...

Thanks

D

Comment

I don't think I'm being very clear with my question:

I need to essentially perform a reverse DNS lookup locally on my machine. Is there an "inverted" version of the hosts file that I'm talking about?

Thanks

D

Comment

Hi,

No I don't think there is a solution for that I think. But maybe some other member knows a solution for it ?

I think the only solution is to do a big bang migration and change the dns records to the good server.

Regards,

Johan
          Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Comment

Working...
          X