Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in unpacking Windoows Aero theme into Windows Home Basic

Hello all!

I am happy to find out this comprehensive web site dealing in a professional manner with computing issues under Microsoft's platform.

I need some help concerning unpacking Windows Aero theme into Windows Home Basic. I know this operating system is not intended to run this theme. yet, I found in the web a registry tweak that did not help me to make it happen after applying it.

I have an OEM version of Windows home basic that was provided with an LG Z1 notebook. I also have an install disc for higher versions of Vista.. As I do not want to use that disc for upgrading the system I only want to add the aforementioned theme.

Thanks in advanced for all upcoming answers.

B. Regards

ruvain

Re: Help in unpacking Windows Aero theme into Windows Home Basic

No matter what your thoughts on their reasoning, Aero was supplied and "licensed" for use with all other versions of Vista apart from Home Basic. I suspect asking to make it work on an OS that it wasn't supplied with is breaking the forum rules I'm afraid.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: Help in unpacking Windows Aero theme into Windows Home Basic

Just to back up what Andy said,
      NO ILLEGAL / UNLICENSED USAGE HERE

Your solution is to upgrade (legally) to Vista Home Premium or Ultimate
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X