No announcement yet.

Vista 64 Web browsing Slowness

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista 64 Web browsing Slowness

I've installed Vista 64 Bit Ultimate with SP1, and not too long since, I've been having problems surfing the web.
    It seems that when I boot my computer, I'm able to surf for a while normally, but after a few minutes, it slows down to a grind. It doesnt completely stops - only goes very very slow.
    I am running Bittorrent on the background which seems to keep running, but my outlook is also affected by this weird issue.
    I disabled UAC and IPv6 with no apparent change.
    My rig is Q6700 with 4Gigs of ram and a x48 gigabyte motherboard.
    Any ideas?

Last edited by mulderfox; 20th July 2008, 19:56.

Re: Vista 64 Web browsing Slowness

The whole machine slows down or just web browsing?

Did you see this?

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The machine does not slow down.. Only the surfing, mail, and sometimes there are also issues with instant messaging (disconnections).
      The BT keeps running. but the rate of transfer is not high, so it makes no sense that it will hog the bandwidth to a point that other network operations won't work.
      another strange thing: I logged into (which allows for remote administration). it took a long time to get in there, but once I managed to log into another computer, everything went normaly, and it did not disconnect. at the same time, other tabs or windows of web browsers would not lead anywhere.

any ideas?

I have exactly the same problem.
        My desktop is connected to a modem through a router. This PC is running XP Pro and has a Pentium 4, 3Ggz.
        To the router are connected two laptops (wireless) one using XP pro and the second Vista Premium.
        I am also running BT on the desktop and have the same problem as you
        described above. I have from time to time, to disconnect (the current) from the modem and reconnect it to be able to have the internet connection (kind of express reset). The PC runs very very slowly.
        When the internet went to a stop, BT keeps running.
        On the other side the effect on the two laptops is almost insignificant. They are running un-disconnected.
        It seems IMO, that this problem occured when I updated BT to v1.02 two weeks ago.

Tried turning OFF BT?
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

BT and other P2P protocols are known for this. They don't hog the BANDWIDTH, they just hog the processing time of the NIC as far as I can tell. Either way, turning it off is likely to correct your issue. My tip? Leave your PC on overnight and do your BT stuff then...

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

I found the solution thanks to some of your replies
              So, here it is: there seems to be a recurrence of the no. of connections issue that plagued winxp - in vista. only, in winxp it mostly influenced BT and not the web surfing. (maybe it's a "feature" of vista?)

[References to illegal contents removed by moderators.]

Good luck to all!
              Last edited by guyt; 31st July 2008, 01:16. Reason: Removed illegal content