X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xp shared printer

Hi,
    I've a strange problem:
    In a workgroup LAN I can't print from a PC Vista Home on the shared printinter installed on a PC Win Xp home.
    I receive an error message about not sufficient rights. But from the same PC Vista I can access, with admin rigths, the data on share folders present on the PC Xp.

What can I do?

Many thanks

Luigi

P.S.
    Be patient for my terrible english

Re: xp shared printer

On the XP workstation you need to set the printer to "Shared" (obviously) and allow anyone to print to it - (please forgive my lack of experience with XP Home - I work in a corporate environment and have not set permissions in XP Home very often!).

Next, ensure that there is a user account on the XP Home machine with the same user name and password as the Vista Home machine. It may be necessary to make this user a "Computer Administrator". You should now have sufficient rights to print.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Re: xp shared printer

[QUOTE=Stonelaughter;98993]On the XP workstation you need to set the printer to "Shared" (obviously) and allow anyone to print to it -

The printer has been shared. Other PC can print without problems.

Next, ensure that there is a user account on the XP Home machine with the same user name and password as the Vista Home machine. It may be necessary to make this user a "Computer Administrator". You should now have sufficient rights to print.

I have created in both the PC the users with the administrator rights.

Thanks

Luigi.

Comment

Working...
      X