No announcement yet.

Can't access Windows 2003 server using Remote Desktop after Vista SP1 upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't access Windows 2003 server using Remote Desktop after Vista SP1 upgrade

Hi. After I upgraded my Windows Vista computer to SP1 I can no longer access my Windows 2003 Server (SP-2) using Remote Desktop. If I try to access the server with Remote Desktop from for instance a Windows XP Pro machine then that works fine.

When I try to access the server from my Vista SP1 computer I get the following error message:

To logon to this computer, you must have Terminal Server User Access permissions on this computer. By default members of the Remote Desktop Users group have these permissions. If you are not a member of the Remote Desktop Users group or another group that has these permissions, or if the Remote Desktop User group does not have these permissions, you must be granted these permissions manually.

I found a Microsoft KB article that should help out, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278433/en-us, and I have tried everything in there but I still can't logon.

My useraccount has all the necessary rights everywhere and can login fine when running on the Windows XP Pro RDP client but not from Vista SP1.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Working...
X