Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Desktops does'nt working

Hello all

I'm using win vista, my remote desktops is missing.
    Trying to install from the mmc and get error (file is missing)

any way to install??

Thx

Zdeer

Re: Remote Desktops does'nt working

Can you launch it from Start menu or from the run command "MSTSC"

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Which version of Windows Vista are you using? Not all of them HAVE remote desktop capability.

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
        Which version of Windows Vista are you using? Not all of them HAVE remote desktop capability.
        yeah, like say Vista home edition. this doesnt include any RDP client, and you'll have to install VNC. i dont know if grabbing the mstsc will help with Vista home.

good luck!

James
        its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
        Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

I thought every version of Vista can with Remote Desktop but only Business and Ultimate had the ability to enable RDC connections to the workstations itself.

Michael
          Michael Armstrong
          www.m80arm.co.uk
          MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Michael is quite correct (as usual). Vista Home Premium can connect via Remote Desktop but does not have the option to be connected too. Don't know without looking it up what other flavours of Vista are missing Remote Desktop.

Was interesting that Remote Assistance is available with Home Premium as I though RDP was used with connecting via this method.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

thank you for correcting what i was trying to say. you are correct... i just know that it lacks the full functionality of RDP like XPSP2 or Server 2003/8.

sorry to mislead anyone with my haste remarks about the lack-luster quality of Vista Home Ed.

its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
              Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

No problem James. You must have seen similar if not worse tongue twister type posts I have made.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

There's a registry edit out there to allow Vista Home premium to run as an RDP host and not just a client. I have so far been unsuccessful with getting it to work but I'm also runing Vista Home Premium 64 bit which maybe a factor.

I was wondering if anyone knew if a way to sidestep this limitation would be to install XP pro VM on a Vista box and enable RDP on that? This maybe a little off topic but I was thinking of using that as an alternative to being able to get access to that machine.

Comment

Connecting through RDP to a VM will not allow you to connect to the host. In certain conditions, you can access its drives.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                    -

Comment

Working...
                    X