Weird happenings with RDP client

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird happenings with RDP client

If I have a Remote Desktop (RDP) connection open for a few days things start acting strangely. When I right-click in the HOST OS [not in RDP] context menus are blank or don't respond and IE flakes - pages won't load, buttons are visible but have no text and menus are blank. As soon as I close the RDP window all returns to normal. This happens on my Home and Work PCs, both of which are Vista Ultimate.

The issue is that I frequently need 10 to 15 RDP sessions open at any given time and leave them connected so they're there when needed. This is driving me nuts. I've tried different RDP clients (Single and MDI version of MS's RDP client, Terminals, and visionApp Remote Desktop) thinking it was something with MS's client but I'm guessing that any 3rd party app uses MS's RDP API and so they suffer from the same problem and end up do the same thing.

I thought the issue might be tied to clipboard or drive sharing so I've disabled those in an effort to troubleshooting the issue with no affect.

XP never did this, and I've done the same thing there for years so I believe Vista is the issue.

Anyone else experience this?
    Last edited by ahinson; 24th February 2008, 22:01.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Weird happenings with RDP client

I have not seen this in XP or Vista, but I do not keep sessions open for days.....

First thing that came to mind is bitmap caching, uncheck that.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
      I have not seen this in XP or Vista, but I do not keep sessions open for days.....

First thing that came to mind is bitmap caching, uncheck that.
      Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that.
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

any change?
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Working...
        X