Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I create a CD on XP to get Lost or blank Vista Password?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I create a CD on XP to get Lost or blank Vista Password?

In the midst of moving I lost and cannot remember my Vista Laptop password; I have another Laptop with an XP operating system. Will this work to burn the CD on the XP system and boot from the XP created CD on my Vista PC to recover my password or enter a new one?

Any thoughts on a better way to find my password without doing a complete reinstall and wiping out all my data?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can I create a CD on XP to get Lost or blank Vista Password?

Burning a CD has nothing to do with the OS. WHAT are you burning exactly, the XP Password Recovery toolset? If so, you'll need the Vista one instead.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I am trying to create an ISO CD to attempt to get my Lost or a blank Vista Password; I was told that burning the ISO CD would not work on an XP OS.

Comment

ISOs can be burned from any OS as long as the burning SW supports it (which 99% of them do).
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

yup - if the ISO is already bootable then I suggest ISOrecorder - it's fast, simple, and works on XP like a charm.

If you need to *make* a bootable CD from scratch, as long as you burn it correctly to disc it will boot on any computer that has the supported hardware.
          Last edited by johnlgalt; 26th February 2008, 00:22. Reason: Changed name of link
          sigpic

Comment

Burning a CD has nothing to do with the OS. WHAT are you burning exactly, the XP Password Recovery toolset? If so, you'll need the Vista one instead.

Understood, and I am glad I can create the bootable CD on an XP machine.

Now, where can I get a Password Recovery toolset for Vista? As mentioned earlier, all of my Vista enabled PC Materials/CDs' are either lost or in an unlocated moving box.

Comment

FYI - I created bootable CD on XP and solved problem - Tks!

FYI - I created bootable CD on XP and solved problem - Tks!

Comment

Working...
              X