File blocking problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File blocking problem

Hi, I found this on google http://www.petri.com/unblock-files-windows-vista.htm
    Which I thought is very useful, because the silly annoying "security" feature of vista/xp is highly uncecessary because I know what is safe from my anti virus software and anything I download is from trusted locations.

Anyway back to my question, my Vista (Home Premium) doesn't have gpedt.msc, is there another way I can turn off (annihilate if possible :P) the file blocking element?

Thanks in advance!

Re: File blocking problem

Well, that was quite a thrill to look for an answer for you So, I'll start by saying "Thank you"
    Now, to the issue:
    From reading some articles and forums on this matter, I found that both Home Basic and Home Premium do not support Group Policy. Meaning, your only option is to go and edit the Registry by yourself. Before that, see How to back up and restore the registry in Windows XP and Windows Vista.
    I hope you're not discouraged already ... Fortunately, Microsoft compiled an Excel file called Group Policy Settings Reference Windows Vista, and you'll be probably very surprised to find your setting in line 23, in the All sheet

I hope this is what you were looking for.
    Good luck and keep us posted.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Hi, thanks a lot for the answer (and I apologise for the long delay with me replying).

I have since found a patch for msn messenger that did the trick. The GP settings were quite handy but the keys required to change things didn't exist so I was unsure what to do anyways

Comment

Cool.
        I am glad you solved the problem. And thank you for updating the forum.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X