VISTA Demands lot of help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VISTA Demands lot of help

Hallo, people like me wondering how to capture this beast (VISTA)
    help each other

I am looking for some software or utility so that i can create a GUI which should kick and ask the end user for some post imaging software/application customisations.

I thought winrunner was my option but it doesn't work on vista.
    ( I need the gui to ask eu after the imaging is done for his input like, "computer name" "office location" Exchange server add", Username/password" and other tasks which would make my life easier.
    I am sure daniel petri must have some magic tools for me in this regards, please let me know.

"Tech in need is a tech indeed"

Re: VISTA Demands lot of help

Are you trying to customize a computer image? If so, what software do you currently use to make your images with?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I am using ghost to take the image.

cheers

Comment

sysprep should let you do the computer name / location (and ask user w/ prompt)

Office Resource Kit
        Outlook Profile Wizard

should let you set up outlook automatically
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

For Vista I have used the WAIK, but I have yet to get sysprep to work with it. The computer starts up and then mini-setup stops with a failure to locate the boot record message. You could try it and maybe it will work for you.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions and i am going to give it a go with sysprep which would definately take care for windows part however am not using outlook, am on lotus notes and don't know if it would have any resource kit like outlook.

Here is what i exactly want to achieve

1) deploy image over the network( which i can do)
            2)getting windows to ask the EU to type computer name( maybe sysprep will help)
            3)getting user to type his username and password which would create a local user account ( Totally lost how to achieve this, maybe scripting)
            4)getting system to ask EU for his lotus notes ID file and enter his password( This would be magic if it happens)
            5) after this system rebbots and comes back on and ready to use for EU.

Thanks for suggestions and keep sending them as they are helpful....

Comment

#3 needs nothing. Once a computer is on the domain, and they log in with their domain credentials, Windows will automatically create the appropriate folders and whatnot on the computer. Because of this, # 5 is not an issue.

Comment

That was the case if we had AD and not the novell network client,
                On vista, if the use is not in the computer management though the novell would succesfully authenticate the user but prompts him to logon to the computer after the novell logon.

Comment

Working...
                X