Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem to connect wireless mouse with vista

Hi,
    I have windows vista ultimate. I have optical wireless mouse with bluetooth technology. I have intalled and configured this mouse to work with my desktop dell computer. If I leave the mouse in idle state for 5-10 minutes. It lost all the configuration and then never detect by desktop. So i have to detect it manually by doing again configuration each time when I need to use it. Have anybody idea how to configure it permanently or what else other settings need to do in vista to never loose its configuration in idle state? It works excellent in all other windows XP, 2000 even in idle state. Please help.

Re: Problem to connect wireless mouse with vista

DO you have Vista set to Always Allow Bluetooth devices to find the computer?
    sigpic

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for help. I dont know about it. Can you please let me know how to check windows vista allow all bluetooth devices to find this computer? then i will let you know its current settings.

Comment

Since it is Bluetooth, you *should* have some sort of a bluetooth icon in your taskbar - but may be not. At any rate, you can try finding it in Control Panel --> Bluetooth devices

Go to the Options tab and check the box "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer"

If it is already checked, then something else is blocking the mouse from connecting back - it might be a device driver setting (going into sleep mode) or something completely and totally unrelated.
        sigpic

Comment

It is allready checked for "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer". It might be device driver settings impact. I will see those too.

Comment

Originally posted by mnadeem72 View Post
            It is allready checked for "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer". It might be device driver settings impact. I will see those too.
            Hi,

I found the problem. TheUSB Bluetooth adapter driver was showing vista compatible but it is not good for vista. I have used it on windows XP machine and Mouse is working excellent there. So, it means bluetooth adapter driver is not compatible for vista even I had got latest driver from web. I had found that most of the external devices are not working with vista, but their vendors showing it is vista compatible. But it is not in real. Thanks
            Nadeem

Comment

Nadeem,

Did you use the bluetooth drivers for the device (from the manufacturer), the built in Vista drivers, or the WIDCOMM drivers from here?

I had issues getting my BT phone and computer to sync, as well as connecting my bluetooth earphone (from my phone) just for kicks- until I read a blurb on the Net stating that the headset I have, the Motorola HS700, works a *lot* better with the WIDCOMM drivers. I tried - and sure enough, it just works better- with the added benefit that now my phone stays connected as well.
              sigpic

Comment

Hi,

I had tried both device manufacture driver and also WIDCOMM driver. But the results were same in the both way. There is not good driver for vista yet.

Comment

weird. The WIDCOMM drivers work perfectly for me in Vista....

perhaps there is a hardware incompatibility for your mouse?
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X