Installing HP Printer On Vista Ultimate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing HP Printer On Vista Ultimate

I tried to install the driver for HP printer (HP PSC 1510xi) from the CD I got with the printer.
    During the installation the driver failed to access the registry on the following key:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum]
    I am getting Access Denied, when I tried to change the permission on the key I got the same message.
    In am an Administrator on the computer and I run the Driver setup as an Administrator.

I did googled the problem and looks like I am not the only one that have the problem.

When I tried to install the same printer as a Network printer (the printer is connected to computer with XP) I was asked to install the driver.

Re: Installing HP Printer On Vista Ultimate

Have you looked on HP's site for an updated driver? I had similar problems installing a Photosmart C6180 on Vista Home Premium using the drivers on disk - but updated drivers that I downloaded from HP's website worked.
    sigpic

Comment

Yes I did and you are right the Driver for Vista is working.
      But the fact that I am not able to change the Registry Key
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum is a problem which I don't understand and never had with XP. As an Administrator I should have all rights to change but this is not the case, looks like I'll go back to XP if SP1 will not make the difference.

Comment

Do you have UAC enabled? If not, try to enable it and reinstall the driver.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X