Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Screen when updating Intel Chipset

Hi everyone,
    I was referred to this site when i got a Blue Screen on my new Vista pc.
    I was updating the "Intel Chip set" an i got a blue screen. Tried to restart it but won't go away, so fustrating. Any help pls!!!

Re: Blue Screen when updating Intel Chipset

I assume you mean updating the Intel Chipset driver?

have you tried using Last Known Good configuration method to revert the changes?

Read this link for more information on using Last Known Good configuration.

HTH - and if it does, please post back here to let everyone know it worked (conversely, if it doesn't work, I assume that you are going to post back anyway, but again, please do).
    Last edited by johnlgalt; 12th December 2007, 08:18.
    sigpic

Comment

I tried it but didn't work.

Comment

BSOD's should contain information regarding the stop error. Post that info here or search Google to try and find an answer. You should also check Intel's web site for relevant information. You can also enable boot logging from the f8 boot options and then after a failed boot restart the machine with a WinPe cd and check the boot log. Also, have you tried booting in safe mode or vga mode?

Comment

Originally posted by Bendah View Post
          I tried it but didn't work.
          This is absolutely no use to us whatever. Post the exact steps you followed, and the responses from the system at each stage. Tell us where it failed and with what message, if any. Help us to help you.

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Thanx guys. Found the solution. What i did is to download the chipset that got corrupted from intel and it works.
            Thanx again.

Comment

Working...
            X