WM5.1 incompatible with Vista any alternative

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WM5.1 incompatible with Vista any alternative

Recently purchased a new laptop with Vista Business installed for work. Windows Messenger 5.1 which we use internally with Exchange 2000 to Instant message is not support with Vista. Everything I read indicates that I need to use Windows Live Messenger, however I cannot determine how to run WLM and have it connect to our exchange IM system. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Re: WM5.1 incompatible with Vista any alternative

You may have to migrate to Windows Office Live Communications Server 2007 to make use of Windows Live and Windows Vista. Otherwise, I suggest sticking to Windows XP for work.

Comment

Because IM capability was removed in Exchange 2003 and forward, WLM does not have the option to connect to an Exchange server. I'm not sure what version of WM removed the Exchange ability but you will probably have to stick with 5.1 and XP.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. It seems MS has gone a step further. We applied some server updates and now the Messenger in Exchange 2000 no longer runs for the rest of the company, so now we are investigating alternative internal messaging tools.

Comment

Originally posted by bcarbone View Post
          Thanks for the feedback. It seems MS has gone a step further. We applied some server updates and now the Messenger in Exchange 2000 no longer runs for the rest of the company, so now we are investigating alternative internal messaging tools.
          What kind of updates? Did your Excahgne 2000 IM stop working because MS forced some update on the Exchange server? Please explain.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
          X