Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Business Center Software

Good Evening all,

Im am working in an hotel at the moment as IT manager and we have 2 Business Centers where our guests can check their emails and sites. The problem is, they sometimes use the computer for more then 20 minutes, and we want to restrict that to just 20 minutes the login. I have been searching the internet for a program that makes logging in abit more harder ( No codes, Maybe just with a Registration who is logged in? ) and when they have logged in i would love a timer to pop with 20 minutes left and a notification when they only have 5 minutes, and 1 minute left. when this times has run out, i want the computer to logoff, so they need to do the registration another time before being able to use the computer another 20 minutes, and it would be great if there is something in this software to prefent the same registration to log in again.

These Computers are Running Windows Vista.

I was wondering if anyone on this board know a program that does this?

Thanks in Advance

Thomas de Goeij

Re: Hotel Business Center Software

Hi there,

I do not know of any software that does that but I know Active Directory does.
    If you are running AD on 2003 you can do the following:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816666

If not then you can just change the local security polices in the same way as above to restrict logon times.

Hope this helps.
    ::: Remember to give credit if you have found this useful. :::
    ::: Wild Oak Tech :::

Comment

Would a login script with a 20 minute timer before forcing a log off be of use? You'd probably need to develop the script so that you would get your prompts when it first starts, then again at 5 and 1 minute....
      sigpic

Comment

That script sounds like a good option, since the 2 computers are stand alone without a server attached. The problem then is, i am not good in programming scripts etc. it would be awesome if i could get help with building this script, since my director of the hotel wants to see a solution for the problem

Thanks in Advance,

Thomas de Goeij

Comment

I am not all that great with script writing either, but if you head over to the Scripting Forum someone thre might be able to help you out.

http://forums.petri.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your help, will post a topic there about this problem

Comment

http://www.nettimesoftware.com/ most internet cafes use this software alongside deepfreeze, would be ideal for your situation!

Comment

Originally posted by soroush View Post
                http://www.nettimesoftware.com/ most internet cafes use this software alongside deepfreeze, would be ideal for your situation!
                It would have been worth pointing out that there is a 30 day trial version available for testing purposes.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yeh sorry about that forgot to mention it, well spotted

Comment

trying the program out at the moment. shame it works with tickets tho, where you need to create the account and give it 20 mins before he can log in. will need to find a solution for this, but i think this program comes closest to what i am looking for.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by De Goeij View Post
                      trying the program out at the moment. shame it works with tickets tho, where you need to create the account and give it 20 mins before he can log in. will need to find a solution for this, but i think this program comes closest to what i am looking for.

Thanks for your help.
                      Haven't looked at the program but it might be worth contacting the support peopleand find out if the 20 minute delay is something built into the demo version to stop it being "abused".
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I want one account to last for 20 minutes, then him being logged out, someone else can get on the pc, use the same account and have another 20 mins, without me needing to upgrade it thats what i meant thanks for replying

Comment

And what about a ticket system like the Cisco BBSM?
                          Sorry biggles, no trial just an appliance

Edit:
                          @ De Goeij,
                          So, if i use you're computer and uses the internet I can surf for 20 minuts.
                          After that I'm getting logged off.

What will stop me to relogon if you want to use the same account??
                          Marcel
                          Technical Consultant
                          Netherlands
                          http://www.phetios.com
                          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Nothing, Thats why i wanted something that needed to register the details before you where able to use the account again. and maybe when registered set that the same person cannot login again. that will need quite some time, which will make it quite hard to do it again when someone else wants to use the computer

Comment

I don't think this is possible with plain Windows.
                              I would go for a ticket system like a BBSM.
                              Marcel
                              Technical Consultant
                              Netherlands
                              http://www.phetios.com
                              http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                              "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                              "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
                              X