Network Drop Out Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Drop Out Problem

I have been having a little problem now for about a month with my network connection on my Vista 64Bit PC. Here is a little background on the setup. Vista 64Bit PC running on a Windows 2003 domain with the users firewall cutoff with normal applications running. Almost every day at random intervals of time the network connectivity will drop out. The Internet stops working, exchange access is stopped and all shares are inaccessible along with anything network related. The strange part is that I can ping anything on the network with no problems and the Vista PC can be pinged as well.

Please look at Network Error file to see a screen shot of the error it shows in the Network and Sharing Center. It's basically saying that my computer is unauthenticated on the network. I have also included a screen shot of the Network and Sharing Center right after I have rebooted, which fixes the problem every time (Network Normal).

I have no clue into what is causing this problem. I have tried to monitor the problem in watching what applications I open, and anything else that I do right before this happens. I can't find one thing that I do or run that would cause this problem.

If anyone has any suggestions or has seen any information regarding this problem could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
    Joey
    Attached Files

Re: Network Drop Out Problem

I am assuming, then, that it is not an activity timeout going on, and neither is it your NIC going to 'sleep' as you can Ping other resources....

Unless, it *is* going to sleep, thereby disconnecting you from the domain, but the NIC wakes up fast enough for Vista to recognize that it is still on the network, and thus you are able to see all the other resources?
    sigpic

Comment

johnlgalt, thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure that this isn't due to any activity timeout thing. Almost every time this happens I have something open that would be using something on the network for some reasons or other. I thought the same thing at one time, but I can't find anything that points to this. I can disable the network connection and re-enable or repair the connection and still nothing works. When this happens I can't see any resources on the network. The only thing that I can do is ping other devices along with receiving a ping request myself.

Thanks again for the reply.
      Joey

Comment

Have you updated to the latest available network drivers??

Comment

My apologies, I misread, in that I thought only the domain logon died, but all other functions of the network were available - in fact you're the exact opposite, in that nothing (other than a PING) works.

Did you perchance clone your MAC address on your outbound router?

No, even that would not allow a PING but block every thing else....

weird. weird, weird, weird.
          sigpic

Comment

wullieb1 & johnlgalt thanks for the reply. Yes I have checked to insure that I have the latest driver for the network card.

johnlgalt I have to agree with you, in that this is one of the weirdest things that I have ever ran across on a PC. I have tired so many things to try in fix this problem, with no luck. The part that I do understand, is it computer causing the problem or is it the Domain Controller that causing the problem. I don't understand why it would say that I'm unauthenticated and block everything but the ping??????? What does unauthenticated mean?

Thanks,
            Joey

Comment

Working...
            X