Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office 2003 - Vista Conflict

Hi,

I have Vista home edition on my new laptop. I installed Office 2003 with service pack 2.

Even after activating the office, whenever I open any of the office application the user agreement shows up and stays until I accept it.

Have anyone of us has come across this problem ?

I have a feeling, this happens as Vista is a home edition, can anyone clarify ?

Thanks in advance.
    Ahmed

Re: Office 2003 - Vista Conflict

I don't think it's a Vista thing, but I can say that I heard somewhere that if you start in Safe Mode then launch an Office component and accept the EULA, it should not come back to haunt you when you boot back in normal mode.
    Best wishes,
    PaulH.
    MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Originally posted by PaulH View Post
      I don't think it's a Vista thing, but I can say that I heard somewhere that if you start in Safe Mode then launch an Office component and accept the EULA, it should not come back to haunt you when you boot back in normal mode.
      Thanks for your suggestions Paul.

I felt it could be a Vista conflict, as i faced this only on the vista o/s. Lemme give a try to your solution tonight and update you more.

Thanks in millions man.

Ahmed

Comment

Might be an idea to install Office SP3 because if this is an Office/Vista problem, then SP3 may fix it.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Just a thought, but....

Might also be a good idea to run each application *once* as administrator so that the accepting of the EULA can be written to the registry correctly?
          sigpic

Comment

Hi there,

This issue is an Office issue not an operating system issue see below for how to fix this.

Fix this as per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202.

To do this, run regedit.
            Go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office
            Right click on the folder 11.0, select permissions and then put a tick in the full control allow box next to your user. Hit OK and then close regedit. Now open Word again, accept the EULA and that should be the last time.

hope this helps.

Remeber to give credit if you have found this useful.
            Guyver IT
            ::: Remember to give credit if you have found this useful. :::
            ::: Wild Oak Tech :::

Comment

Working...
            X