No announcement yet.

Vista Networking Problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Networking Problem

Having problem setting up a network with new Windows Vista Ultimate. Previously I had XP in which it was working fine but since the upgrade, its been terrible.....

The situation is there are currently 3 computers connected to a Billion ADSL Router BIPAC 5102; 2 with XP & 1 with Vista. The Vista one is having problems identifying the network and if it finds a connection it is slow and then eventually drops out.

I've switched off Windows Defender, Phishing etc.... but still the connection is crap. Anyone have this problem or does anyone know how to fix it??~?!

Re: Vista Networking Problem

A driver update, especially the video driver may help.
    As for the antivirus/antispyware apps - you'll have to find out if your program has a Vista version available.

Installed Vista and now having problems with my internet connection? Sone of the other common problems with Vista are ISP related. Some fixes that work are:
    1) Disabling IPv6
    2) Disabling the DHCP Broadcast flag
    See = Windows Vista cannot obtain an IP address from certain routers or from certain non-Microsoft DHCP servers. =
    Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool = Here's a new free tool from Microsoft that will check your Internet router/NAT device to determine whether it supports advanced features such as face to face collaboration with Windows Meeting Space in Vista. The tool can be run on an XP or Vista computer. You can download it from the Microsoft web site at =

EasyBCD: Vista boot utility-Adjust the Vista boot process =,12...1/article.html = "The Most Annoying Things About Vista."
    Quick Fixes for Five Nasty Vista Problems =,1895,2104023,00.asp