Xp Print Share

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xp Print Share

I am having a problems connecting my wife's Vista Home edition laptop to the print share on our XP desktop. I was able to connect using Vista Businees edition.
    Any hints?

Thanks
    Eric

Re: Xp Print Share

Hint 1: more information?!

Do you get an error message, is anything in the event logs of either machine, at what stage does it fail...

On this forum, you can NEVER give us too much info. You also might want to read the rules before you post again.

Now - care to try again?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Can you connect to anything else on the desktop -- shared folders?
      Can you see the desktop in "Network"

If not, double check both the Vista PC and the desktop are in the same workgroup

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

check workgroup names also check firewall in both pc enable guest users in pc check IP configuration check spooler service in xp and vista
        any error message? in network

Comment

Working...
        X