Vista gain access to the network

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista gain access to the network

Hello! Aīm lucky guy for found this site.
    My problem is:
    I have Windows 2000 Serve configured with active directory. I added the user with my own name (jose camarillo) and a computer with (captura1) name in database for Users and computers.
    The matter are:
    1. If I try to configure the windows vista business (wvb) at workstation with a domain give a error:
    Cannot contact Controller domain from Active directory in the domain sicelaredos.com.

2. If I try putting a workgroup name (sicelaredos.com) I can see the server named (SERVER) but, I canīt access the share folders.

At others workstations in the lan works fine with windows xp.
    Last edited by jcamarillo; 20th September 2007, 00:29.

Re: Vista gain access to the network

By the sound of it, you have created a computer account but not actually joined the PC to the domain

On your Vista PC, go to CONTROL PANEL--SYSTEM--ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS
    Click on the computer name tab then on the Network ID button and follow the wizard

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I do that and not work I try to send the screens shoots but the file is bigger than restricted size these screens shoots are result when I try to join the domain.
      Please tell me how or where I can send these files.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Save the screenshots as GIF or JPEG format and they should be a lot smaller
        Also trim off anything you dont need
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X