How to incorporate a better Disk Cleanup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to incorporate a better Disk Cleanup

In http://www.petri.com/enhance-recycle-bin-menu.htm Kyle mentions on how to add the disk cleanup (that being the standard disk cleanup utility) to the context menu - a pretty good idea.

However, I obtained this handy shortcut (and I apologize for not being able to remember where) that runs a 'cleanup on steroids':

%SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

Would it be possible to integrate this into the context menu, as opposed to a default disk cleanup utility, and if so, how? or would it be easier to incorporate it into the system in some other way, such as a quick launch shortcut, or just incorporate the shortcut itself as a context menu item somehow?

Thanks.
    sigpic

Re: How to incorporate a better Disk Cleanup

I have uploaded reg file in rapidshare
    use it /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535
    added but I think it is not useful merge into registry
    http://rapidshare.com/files/55751578/fix.reg.html

Comment

Thanks for the file - but why do you think it is not worth adding, out of curiosity?
      sigpic

Comment

merging into registry is not important but
        I think /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535 parameter is not useful because this does not show any file to be deleted
        all files have already been deleted default I prefer standart cleanmgr
        I use turkish xp and you see any file to be deleted

also same in vista
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Gökşen; 15th September 2007, 20:25.

Comment

Ahhh, meaning you want the ability to select which files to delete rather than arbitrarily deleting them all without the chance to select. That makes sense.

I myself have never run into a file in the temporary folders area and such that I really wanted to keep, so it is not a big deal for me - but I can understand your hesitancy on it. Thanks for the clarification.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X