Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Standard User Connect To Shared Printer username/password always needed Vista Home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard User Connect To Shared Printer username/password always needed Vista Home

Three vista home premium.
    Comp 1 direct connect printer shared.

Comp 2 and 3 need to print. Have user 1 account (standard user) on comp 2 and comp 3. only way to print to comp 1 is by adding user 1 account on comp 1. I don't want to turn off password protetion in genernal.

Any way to allow direct connect shared printer without having to add user 1 account to comp 1? Reason why is they may add more users to comp 2 and comp 3 so they of course they need to add that user to comp 1. Only problem is they don't want user 1 to be allowed to physically work on comp 1 and so on.

Any reg hacks to allow people to print without authentication, without having to add that user to the computer that shares the printer?

Re: Standard User Connect To Shared Printer username/password always needed Vista Hom

forgot to say. when i login from comp 2 or comp 3 user 1 standard user to comp 1 it always asks me for a username and password and I check the rember me box but when i log off and log back on again to connect to the printer on comp 1 i need to enter the username and password and it wont save it once i log off. i tried to go to control userpasswords 2 and add logon credentials but only checked is add credentials to web or program not user.

Comment

Re: Standard User Connect To Shared Printer username/password always needed Vista Hom

You could try checking security permissions on the printer and granting print permission to "Everyone"

Also you could try enabling the guest account on the PC with the printer (not got a Vista Home machine nearby but IIRC there is still a guest account)
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X