Hotmail and Vista

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotmail and Vista

Every time my son attempts to activate an attachment I send him while he is using Hotmail under Vista it refuses to allow him and directs him to some website, which still does not solve the problem.

Any suggestions as to how to solve the problem. Perhaps I should add he uses Hotmail because he cannot send out using his Sky Broadband with Outlook Express.

Re: Hotmail and Vista

I don't know about the Hotmail issue but has he tried Windows Mail, which is the replacement for Outlook Express in Windows Vista?

Comment

Thanks I beleve Windows Mail on Vista is what fails to allow him to send out emails only receive. However he now tells me he can open the attachments I send him using Hotmail.

Comment

Moved to Vista forum.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Windows Mail in Vista no longer supports using HTTP servers or other Web based email accounts. So, if he can receive the attachments using Hotmail when then that is correct. He cannot use Windows Mail to connect to HTTP Servers. If he wants to send and receive email via Windows Mail then he needs to use another email account, preferrably the one provided by his ISP.

Comment

Working...
          X