Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Viewer from Vista to XpP Access Denied in Active Directory

Hello,

got a great problem with event viewer from vista business x86 german: from my xpp-machine i had to do often each day to look in the events of other active directory xpp-machines - absolutely no problem.

As i do the same with my new vista business-notebook as the same active directory-domain admin, also using the same user credentials, when i want to do the usual: start eventvwr.msc, confirm vista's UAC, and then from the started application use right mouse button "connect to another computer" (don't know if this is the right translation, cause my vista is german...), give in the netbios-name from the machine i want to connect to in the form "\\MACHINE" or in another test only "MACHINE" i then got a error message "access denied(5)" (exactly with the (5)-extension).

beneath the input field for the remote machine there is the possibility to give in user credentials - i tried many (for example my credentials in the syntax "DOMAIN\USER", or "[email protected]" etc. pp.): no success (.

I did turn off the whole firewall in vista - again: no success!

In the events of my vista-notebook: absolutely no entries, no information-entries, no error-entries etc. in association with this action to connect remotely to xpp-events.

Could it be, that this errors have something to do with the new handlings for wmi-access in vista?

Who could help - found nothing helpful in google, live search and technet.

Thanks in advance

Thomas Huber
    The Wild South of Germany

Re: Event Viewer from Vista to XpP Access Denied in Active Directory

I am going to have to agree with you on your assumption that it is WMI related, thats the only thing that i can see.
    Technology is only as good as those who use it

My tech blog - wiredtek.wordpress.com

Comment

Re: Event Viewer from Vista to XpP Access Denied in Active Directory

wiredteknologies, could you reproduce this malfunction in same circumstances like mine too?

Comment

Working...
      X