Terminal services / RDP server in Vista

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal services / RDP server in Vista

Do any flavours of Vista come with a terminal services / remote desktop server application ? I am looking for a means to give a small number of people on Windows 2000 clients access to a Vista machine for training purposes ie see what Vista is without installing it.

So the ability to host say 4 remote desktop sessions on Vista would be helpful.

Otherwise I'll look at RealVNC et al.

Thanks,

Phil

Re: Terminal services / RDP server in Vista

No. You can only use one session of RDP (to the console) and/or the Remote Assistance feature.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

thanks, RealVNC looks to be the way to go then. Phil.

Comment

You might want to try out a Virtual setup e.g.:
        http://www.microsoft.com/technet/try/vhd/default.mspx

MS offer a 30 day Virtual version of Vista Enterprise, with or without Office 2007

As long as your PCs have the specs to run Virtual PC 2007 (about 1GB RAM so 512 to the virtual machine) this is your easiest way.

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

RealVNC also only gives access to the console session; I'm not sure there IS a way to host multiple TS sessions on a workstation OS.

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

It's possible in WinXP: http://riccardo.raneri.it/blog/eng/i...emote-desktop/
            but not (as far as I know) in Vista.
            I'd go with Tom's (Ossian) suggestion and create a few virtual's with Vista.

Comment

Working...
            X