Remote Assistance Vista to XP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Assistance Vista to XP

Was trying to help a friend out with an issue using remote assistance I am using Vista Ultimate 64bit and that have Win XP Pro SP2 32Bit.

They can send me the invitation fine, I can open it but just sits there waiting to connect, I have even had them install the new RDC client on XP but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Re: Remote Assistance Vista to XP

Did you check your firewall settings? Try to run

netstat -no

on the computer that's trying to connect, see what happens.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

first: sorry, i know, this is probably not very helpful for your concrete problem but i have a problem which is located in the same issue like yours, so maybe it could still help a little...

My problem is located in the same issue like yours, but in exact the other direction: from XpP x86 to Vista X86: normally i often do use the "offer remote assistance"-mode from XpP to other XpP Active Directory-machines: absolutely no problem!

As i try the same from an XpP machine to a Vista-machine, there always came the error message: "couldn't start automation server on remote machine".

The same procedure is going without any failures, when i use the remote assistance invitations-mode by mail or file...

Had no idea, why this is not running properly as it did in an pure XpP-Environment...

You're right! It's really not a coincidence!!

Thomas Huber
      The Wild South of Germany

Comment

Error stating that "Automation server can not create object" when trying to offer Remote Assistance to a client computer that is running Windows Vista

Cause: The computer from which you are offering remote assistance is not running Windows Vista. You can offer Remote Assistance to a computer that is running Windows Vista only from a computer that is running Windows Vista.
        * Users Helping Users *
        MS-MVP Windows Networking

Comment

THANKS for your help bcastner,

but that makes me anyway pretty frustrated!

What does Microsoft think!? That all companies, all businesses all over the world did substitute her given Desktop-Infrastructure COMPLETE in Vista Business Installations in one week or what!?

That's unbelievable! Really!

The cooperation possibilities between Vista < -> XpP especially in enterprise environments are after my experiences which I must hardly learned the last few months ...very very small ones! Indeed!

My only hope: Service Pack 1 for Vista! )

Comment

Working...
          X