X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No activation each time ...

Hello,

With Windows XP, it was possible to save wpa.dbl

Is there a way to no reactivate Windows Vista each time you reinstall ? (on the same computer of course)

Regards,

Re: No activation each time ...

I think that Vista requires reactivation each time in it's licence terms of use - I think it's a requirement that Microsoft don't want you to get around. Even if there is a way, I think it may not comply with the terms of use, so it would not be wise to do it. Anyway, do you have to reinstall Vista very often? if so, there may be an underlying problem that needs curing. After all, activation is quick and easy!
    Best wishes,
    PaulH.
    MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

No I don't reinstall often. In fact, when I switch to Vista I created an image with acronis after installation. But this image was no perfect, then I reinstall from scratch on an another hard drive. I reinstall form image once/twice a year from image, on the same PC of course.

I can activate without limit if it's the same hardware (and it's the same) ?

Regards,

Comment

Yes, if your hardware is the same, you can activate without limit.

Instead of using Acronis, you could look at the Windows Vista Backup program. If you install Vista then the applications you need, to get a nice clean system before it is used, then do a Vista backup, you will be able to restore that to get back to your clean system.
        Best wishes,
        PaulH.
        MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Working...
        X