Vista complete backup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista complete backup

I'm using a external usb hard drive for complete backups. The complete backup goes 3/4 the way and errors out. It says "A device attached to the system is not functioning(0x8007001F)".

Any suggestions? TIA

Re: Vista complete backup

http://www.google.com.au/search?sour...n&q=0x8007001F
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I googled it too and can't find any answers. Thats why I posted the question here.

Comment

I need to ask - how much free space do you have on it?
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

40 gigs free

Comment

And how much data are you trying to backup?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Are you attempting to back up the OS while its running, or are you using the built in back up feature?
              ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Im trying to do a complete image backup of the c: drive. This is a new install of Vista so the image shouldn't be too big.

Comment

Just a shot here as Vista in new and the wrinkles have not been ironed out.

That errors hints to device that vista lost connection to and cannot recover from that state. Try instead to backup the the localdrive first and see if you get the same result. (you can copy that off if you like)

Then try to replace the USB cable with a higher quality one to see if that is the issue, but it may just be the drive that is not necessarily bad, yet not quite keeping up with vista.
                  "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Working...
                  X