No announcement yet.

software uninstall

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• software uninstall

i am member of "domain users" and my desktop "Administrators" group. i am uninstalling a program named "secure crt 5.5". but when i select "uninstall" from "programs and features" a message displays

"This software was installed under an account with administrator rights. You should log onto an account with administrtor rights to uninstall this software"

UAC is disalbed.
    Whats is the problem;
    Attached Files

Re: software uninstall

If your domain account is in the local administrators group, you could try adding a second local administrator account (imagine you don't want to muck w/ administrator) or reset the password for Administrator then logon to that local admin account and try the uninstall from there.

Just a thought. Do give attention to your company's IT policies before mucking w/ Administrator.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.